Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a Grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Compliance of Commerce Faculty – Business Administration Students’ Skills & Knowledge to Workforce Requirements. The Grant aims at developing the knowledge & skills of Business Administration students at IUG to suit the requirements of the Palestinian labor market and is implemented by the faculty of commerce at IUG in cooperation with the Palestinian Federation of Industries and Business and Technology Incubator. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of all Project activities under the supervision of the Project Director and the Steering Committee.
IUG is considering the selection of a highly qualified Project Coordinator to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of all Project activities under the supervision of the Project Director and the Steering Committee.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the successful implementation and quality outputs of the Project through coordinating the implementation of all the activities in the project’s implementation plan and providing adequate follow up and supervision of the work.
2. Follow-up all procurement and financial issues related to the project in accordance with the World Bank procurement procedures and guidelines
3. Leading the project team and ensuring team coherence and motivation.
4. Evaluation and monitoring of project progress at all stages of the project.
5. Managing project internal and external communication including preparation of progress reports, drafting letters, emails, meeting minutes, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration / Engineering or any other related field (GPA = Very Good).
2. Minimum of three years of professional experience in coordinating similar projects.
3. Excellent communication and networking skills.
4. Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
5. Excellent technical, interpersonal and administrative skills.
6. Budgeting and Computer Skills.
Place of Work: Faculty of Commerce – Islamic University of Gaza
Time Frame: The duration of the assignment is 35 months, the consultant shall work 8 hours per day (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) 5 days per week.
Contract Type: Time Based contract
Interested Applicants are invited to fill the ONLINE application form at the IUG Website (http://www2.iugaza.edu.ps/career/admins.aspx) by Tuesday, 20th October 2013, at 2.00 PM.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed.