Closing Date: August 14, 2010
Community Service and Continuing Education Deanship (CSCED) at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) in partnership with Palestinian Information Technology and Communication Association (PICTA) and Business and Technology Incubator (BTI) (referred to as Partners) have received a grant from Welfare Association – Youth Employment Services (YES Program) for the Program entitled Supporting Innovative Ideas in the ICT Sector (Entrepreneurs) which aims at developing entrepreneur projects for youth in Gaza Strip. Accordingly, Partners intend to apply part of this grant for the selection and employment of highly qualified persons for the following vacancy:
1. Program Manager ( 1 post)
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Prepare detailed action plan of “Entrepreneurs” Program and its projects.
2. Participate in preparing strategies & policies of the program.
3. Coordinate with steering committee members, donor and beneficiaries.
4. Prepare project implementation agreements and negotiate relevant action plans with the beneficiaries and consultants.
5. Prepare and submit periodic reports on program progress and contribute to publications of relevance to the program and its activities.
6. Organize needed meetings, workshops, and seminars.
Managerial and Professional Qualifications:
§ Bachelor Degree (Master is preferable) in an area related to “Entrepreneurs” program (i.e., Engineering, Business Administration, IT, or related fields).
§ (3) Years of experience in entrepreneurship, youth capacity development, community projects and/or IT.
§ Strong project management skills and experience including planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, time management, and human resources management.
§ Excellent command of languages (Arabic and English, spoken and written).
§ Good communication skills
§ Good leadership skills i.e., team leader, team player, decision maker, and conflict resolution.
§ Excellent computer skills (MS-Office, MS-Project, and Internet Applications).
For more information, or to apply for this position:
Applicants should send their CV and a cover letter that includes expression of interest in this post to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 14, 2010 at 15:00
Kindly state Program Manager Vacancy in address line.