The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank and the EC to implement the project entitled: “Quality Improvement of Undergraduate Biotechnology Program project” and intends to apply part of this grant for selection and employment of highly qualified Plant biotechnology Consultant to train biotechnology students.
IUG is intend to make training for biotechnology students in different aspects of plant biotechnology under the project “Quality Improvement of Undergraduate Biotechnology Program project” so IUG is considering the selection of a highly qualified two Plant biotechnology Consultant should prepare training material as well as train students.
Under the general direction of the project manager, Plant biotechnology Consultant will be responsible for:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Give training courses in the following fields
1. Bio-separation of biopharmaceuticals
2. Real time PCR in virology
3. Plant tissue culture
4. Genotyping of plants
5. Transgenic plant technology
· Minimum of PhD/MSc in Molecular biology or any other related field
· Minimum of five years of experience in using molecular biology techniques
· Has a good creative mind, High grasping power, Adaptability to changes.
· Bilingual language (Arabic + English).
· Ability to work in a team
· Ability to work under pressure
Each applicant should submit
a. Training materials for each course (Minimum 20 pages)
b. Give 30 hours of lab training for each course.
Place of work:
Housed within IUG and will be supervised by the Project Manager.
The duration of the assignment is 6 months
Contract Type: Lump Sum