The conference aims to bring together researchers, scientists, engineers, and practitioners to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, developments, applications and research results on all aspects of Information and Communication Technology, and discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted.
To bring together experts in the field from inside and outside Palestine to share ideas and enhance research cooperation.
To present current research issues, best practices and innovative solutions in the field.
To enhance scientific research by fostering the sharing of research experience and results between researchers from Palestine and the Arab region.
To discuss the status of Information Technology and Infrastructure in Palestine and the Middle East.
Organizer and Location
PICTICT 2021 is jointly organized by the Faculty of Information Technology at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG), and the Faculty of Computers and Information Technology at Al-Aqsa University (AQU). The conference sessions will be held in the conference halls at IUG and AQU on 28-29 September 2021.
Call for Papers
Prospective authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that demonstrate recent advances in the following areas of interest, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Intelligent Systems And Applications
- Business Intelligence, & Knowledge Management
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Evolutionary Computation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mobile Computing and Networking
- Data Mining
- Big Data Analysis
- Social Network Analysis
- Information Retrieval
- Semantic Web
- Natural Language Processing and its Applications
- Software Engineering
- Database Technology
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Grid Computing
- Computer Architecture and Microprocessors
- Telecommunication and Network Technologies
- Information Security and Cryptography
- Software Security
- Network Security and Forensics
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Multimedia HCI and Quality of Experience
- Music, Speech and Audio Processing in Multimedia
- Multimedia Art, Entertainment and Culture
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Status of Information Technology and Infrastructure in Palestine and the Middle East
Publication and Evaluation Process
Each submitted paper will pass through peer-review process. Authors of any accepted paper are required to submit the final version by the deadline reported in the conference website. All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings of PICICT2021. The paper will be also submitted to IEEE for inclusion in IEEE Xplore digital library.
Submitted papers should be formatted according to the IEEE double-column conference style. To ensure the correct formatting, please use the IEEE templates provided at the link below.
It includes Latex and Word templates. Please use the Microsoft Word template with US letter size.
Consider the following points in preparing the submitted paper:
- The paper size is U.S. letter.
- File should be in doc format, prepared using MS Word, or pdf format.
- Paper length is limited to 6 pages (Additional pages are subject to an extra fee).
The submission must be through the EasyChair conference management system via the direct link
Full Paper Submission: July 14, 2021
Acceptance Notification: August 15, 2021
Camera-Ready paper submission: September 1, 2021
Early Registration: September 1, 2021
Conference Dates: September 28 – 29, 2021
Please direct all correspondence to:
Dr. Tawfiq S. Barhoom,
Faculty of Information Technology,
Islamic University of Gaza.
Tel. 00970 2644000 ext. 2966
Fax. 00970 8 264 4400