Terms of Reference Individual Consultancy Services-
Expert on Curricula Development
1. Project background
IRADA program at Islamic University of Gaza with fund from the International Labour Organization (ILO), is implementing a project with overall objective “Supporting People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip’’. Through the project, four vocational curricula will be developed, and IRADA program is seeking to hire an expert(s) on curricula development. Each curriculum is to be designed using the standardised comprehensive process of curriculum development known as the ‘Complex Task Approach’ (CTA).
2. Assignment focus
The main purpose of this assignment is for the Expert to assist in the design of four curricula for:
2. Furniture Painting;
3. Furniture upholstery; and
4. Manufacturing Aluminium Products.
The expert(s) will work closely with the Curriculum Writing Team (CWT). During his/her/their first mission the expert(s) will assist in developing exemplar curricula materials (Learning Situations) for each occupation. Upon approval of these exemplar materials by the project, the expert will participate in the training of the CWT to use the curricula development methodology. The expert will assist to develop a work plan and timeframe for curriculum writing. He/she/they will supervise the implementation of the developed work plan and correct any deviations that may occur.
3. Expert duties/activities
· In close cooperation with the CWT, revise the four occupational analyses which the project team has already prepared.
· Assist in preparing and agreeing a work plan and time frame for CWT and supervise the implementation of it.
· Assist in and review the developed learning situations (LSs) by IRADA CWT and modify it when it is needed to ensure the quality.
· Assist to prepare for implementation by IRADA, an action plan for pilot testing and evaluating, on a modular basis the four new curricula.
· Carry out follow-up and supportive work with CWT.
· Train the trainers on how to apply the developed curricula.
· Prepare and submit final reports as described in section 7 of this ToR
4. Qualifications and skills
· Experience in developing curricula using Complex Task Approach.
· Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in the field of Education or TVET.
· Experience in the field of training fields would be advantage
· Have a high level of proficiency/fluency in spoken and written English.
· Be aware of gender and environmental issues
· Be computer literate
· Have good organisational, report writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
5. Timing and duration
The expert will carry out oversee and quality control work for four occupation totalling 160 working hours between June and September 2015.
6. Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract
Interested consultants can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the following annexes:
Annex 1: CTA manual for Expert Worker Workshop
Annex2: CTA manual for Developing Learning Situations
Interested consultants must submit their technical and financial proposals, in addition to the CV through sending an email to email@example.com before Thursday, 11-06-2015.