Terms of Reference
Instructional Technology Skills (ICDL) Trainers
The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a Grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank and European Commission EC for the project entitled: “Improving Practical Aspects of Teacher Education Program in Colleges of Education in the Palestinian Universities in Gaza Governorates“. And intends to apply part of this grant for selection and employment of highly qualified Instructional Technology Skills Trainer.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified trainer to be part of the small core staff responsible for training some faculty of education instructors in Instructional Technology Skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Preparing the course syllabus and training material.
2. Training the course effectively and to the highest standards.
3. Developing schedule plan to cover the course material within the allocated timeframe.
4. Using modern and effective techniques to assist the participant instructors in
understanding and applying the course content.
Essential Required Qualifications, knowledge and Competencies:
Place of work:
Housed within IUG and will be supervised by the project management team.
The duration of the assignment is 40 training hours conducted in 4 weeks.
Lump sum contract
Interested trainers are invited to submit their CVs to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by -17/11/ 2009, by 2.00 PM
The aim of this training course is to train instructors at the IUG Faculty of Education on the key concepts of computing and information technology, their practical applications and their use in teaching and training.
Course Learning Outcomes
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Use of IT in teaching and training
2. Adjust settings in PowerPoint
3. Develop a presentation
4. Use Text and Images in PowerPoint
5. Use the Internet
6. Navigate the Web
7. Use a Search Engine
8. Use and Save Search Results
Outline of Course contents
The course comprises of the following:
1. The basic concepts of IT
2. Using the computer and managing files
3. Word Processing
5. Searching the Internet