Terms of Reference (Medical Trainers)
The Faculty of Medicine at the Islamic University of Gaza is implementing a project involving a capacity building program for the medical staff at the Ministry of Health (MoH) and intends to select highly qualified Medical Training Consultants.
The proposed capacity building program includes training courses for a total of 1,400 training hours (both theoretical and practical), distributed evenly among 7 medical specialities as follows:
1) General Surgery
2) General Medicine
3) OBS. And Gyn.
6) Anaesthesia and I.C.U
Each speciality will include a variety of topics.
Duties and Responsibilities of Trainers:
1. Prepare the course syllabus to cover the course material.
2. Conducting training courses to trainees according to the highest standards and methods including lecturing, discussions, case studies, group work, power point presentations and practical exercises.
3. Develop schedule plan to cover the course material within the allowed time frame.
4. Use modern techniques to assist the trainees in understanding and applying the course content.
5. Prepare and submit course material (using English language).
1. Course outline.
2. Completion of the required training course and submission of training material (soft and hard copies).
Essential Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Competencies:
Each individual expert must have the following:
1. Recognized high postgraduate qualification in the same field of the training course.
2. At least 5 years applied practical experience in subject related to the selected course.
3. At least 3 years minimum professional training and consultation experience.
4. A good knowledge of Gaza Strip current health services delivery in both hospital and community settings
5. Excellent English language capabilities.
6. Recognised as trainer by MoH & P.M.C.
Place of work:
The theoretical training will be implemented at the Faculty of Medicine of the Islamic University in Gaza, and will be supervised by the project management team.
The practical training will be implemented at hospitals of Ministry of Health.
The training program shall be implemented during the period of October 2009 to May 2010.
Contract: per training hour.
Interested Applicants are invited to send their CVs (Curriculum Vitae) and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 12 – 2009, before 14:00 PM.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.