The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: ‘Operation and Development for Islamic University IT Incubator’. Accordingly, IUG intends to apply part of this grant for the selection and employment of highly qualified Project Manager.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified Project Manager to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the implementation and mentoring of the project.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the successful implementation of the project through preparing project implementation plan and providing adequate following up for the project activities.
2. Preparing and evaluating for all issues related to hiring consultants.
3. Managing financial issues and preparing procurement plan, financial reports incompliance with donor’s regulations and IUG University finance office regulations.
4. Preparation of progress reports as required.
5. Leading the project team and ensuring team coherence and motivation.
6. Evaluation and monitoring of project progress at all stages of the project.
– Bachelor degree in Engineering or management.
– At least 3 years of proven past work experience in project management, preferred in ICT or business incubation issues.
– Good knowledge in financial management.
– Excellent communication and team work skills.
– Fluency in English and excellent report writing.
– Excellent computer skills.
Place of work:
Housed within IUG and will be supervised by the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology.
The duration of the assignment is 3 months.
Interested consultants are invited to submit their CVs and to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th May 2009.