Terms of Reference (Designer for the Quality Unit web page)
The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a Grant from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education- Tertiary Education Project funded by the World Bank and the European Commission (EC) for the project entitled: “Assessing and Reengineering of Administrative Processes at IUG“. The Grant aims at supporting the strategic planning processes at the IUG by improving the quality of administrative processes and procedures at different levels.
IUG intends to apply part of this grant for the selection and employment of highly qualified designer for quality web page.
The objective is to hire a professional Web Design Consultant to design, develop and/or maintain the Quality Unit Website in compliance with Quality Unit web templates and IUG website policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop and maintain a new version of the Website for Quality Unit at IUG taking into account the following points:
· informative, user-friendly, and attractive website including tools to enable user interaction.
· bilingual – Arabic/English, searchable, easily accessible to include audio and video components, easily-updatable and manageable wthin the minimum IT skills.
· consist of different sections; Static section in HTML format and a Dynamic section
· compatibile with different browsers and screen resolutions and contains the search function.
2. Conceptualizes and designs Website layout, graphics, logos and banners.
3. Creates and manages Website design concepts, hands-on design and art work, and leads the development and implementation of high-quality, interface design and configuration.
4. Works closely together with Design Team members to ensure that all design and programming activity is coordinated;
5. Will be responsible for the visual brand, design direction, and identity standards;
6. Closely work with the project management team to select and adjust the appropriate templates for the main, as well as internal pages of the website.
7. Uses a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided designs;
8. Provide Maintenance for the designed and approved website for 6 months
9. Adheres to production schedules and deadlines;
10. Any other tasks as directed by the project manager;
Essential Required Qualifications, knowledge and Competencies:
1. Minimum of Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, IT, Web page Design;
2. Knowledge of Photoshop, Front page, Java script language, Acrobat, MX Flash and graphics applications
3. Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Web page design;
4. Must have excellent design skills, including typography, layout, color, user interface and navigation;
5. Must have knowledge of HTML, DHML, VB Script.
6. Strong organizational skills & ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines is essential;
7. Must have understanding of the underpinning of the web development process;
8. Experience in programming in ASP.Net and the willingness to learn new development environments.
9. Experience with web servers (Microsoft IIS, Apatche, etc).
10. Experience with MySQL, , MS Access, SQL Server and Oracle databases.
11. Good command of written and spoken English, and ability to communicate with users and organize in-house training courses on web design.
12. Good communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multicultural environment.
13. Need creativity for Web page design and writing skills.
Place of work: IUG and will be supervised by the project management team.
Duration of contract: 2 months
Contract: Lump Sum.
Interested Applicants are invited to send their CVs (Curriculum Vitae) to email@example.com by May 25th 2009, before 3.00 PM.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.