Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a Grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank and EC for the project entitled: “Improving Practical Aspects of Teacher Education Program in Colleges of Education in the Palestinian Universities in Gaza Governorates“. The Grant aims at developing capacities of Colleges of Education at the major three Universities in the Gaza Strip.
The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) is considering the selection of highly qualified Project Coordinator to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of all Project activities under the supervision of the Project Manager
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the successful implementation and quality outputs of the Project through preparing and organizing project implementation plan and providing adequate follow up and supervision of the work.
2. Preparing all documents and forms necessary to carry out all procurements according to procurement plan including selection of consultants.
3. Updating the procurement plan as necessary
4. Preparing and follow up all financial documents necessary for trench payments according to budget.
5. Preparing progress reports relevant to the project activities.
6. Following the systems and processes necessary for tracking the project.
7. Managing project internal and external communication including preparation of progress reports, drafting letters, emails, meeting minutes, etc.
8. Preparing and coordinating for all project activities.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree from an accredited University in any related field (minimum V. Good).
2. Minimum of three years of professional (hand-on) experience in coordinating projects (similar assignments) funded by international donors.
3. Excellent communication and networking skills.
4. Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
5. Excellent technical, interpersonal and conceptual administrative skills.
6. Excellent Command of English Language.
7. Budgeting and Computer Skills.
Place of Work: College of Education – IUG
Time Frame: The duration of the assignment is 10 months; the consultant shall work 8 hours per day 5 days per week.
Contract Type: Time Based contract
Interested Applicants are invited to fill the online application at
, the Islamic University of Gaza by Tuesday, 10/03/2009, before 2.00 PM
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed.