The Islamic University of Gaza has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF)-Ministry of Education and Higher Education and Funded by the World Bank and EC, to implement the project of Improving Institution Management – Automating Administrative Procedure and intends to apply part of this grant for selection and employment of highly qualified Local Consultant.
Assignment Title: System Modeling Consultant
To be part of the small core staff responsible for the implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Duties and responsibilities of this consultation would come on two stages as follows:
The work includes the following tasks:
1. Database design. The currently available applications at IUG shall be studied. The current database design will be modified
· To make sure that all the data relevant for both applications is stored and managed in the optimal way.
· To get rid off unnecessary data that adds to the effort and cost of data maintenance
· To facilitate the integration between the current computerized applications and the workflow application and vice versa
2. UML (Unified Modeling Language) Application Use Cases will be written. The Use Cases identify all the users of the applications (“Actors”) and give good descriptions of how each Actor will interact with the application.
· UML sequence diagrams
· UML collaboration diagrams
· UML class diagram
Detailed design converts the description of Business logics and functional requirements of the system written in earlier phases into a technical specification of the system and technical implementation instructions of the applications.
Detailed Design works include the following tasks:
· Analyze the system architecture, divides the system into modules and defines the module interfaces.
· Supervise module design that creates specifications of each module.
· Supervise Prototyping: simple prototype is implemented of a two important design issues (to be selected when the work starts). The prototypes help to involve the users in design. They can also verify feasibility of a technical solution.
· Supervise Graphical User Interface design
· Revise Data specifications
· Verify UML class diagrams, sequence diagrams
· Design UML Object diagram
· Revise UML component diagrams, collaboration diagram
· Assures that the Manual of coding and documentation complies with internationally approved standards
· Develop Test plan including test cases
· Revise the Preliminary user manual
The selected consultant is expected under the terms of the contract to deliver, but not limited to, the following outputs:
v The data relevant for both applications is stored and managed in the optimal way.
v The Will be rid off unnecessary/redundant data that adds to the effort and cost of data maintenance
v The integration between the current computerized applications and the workflow application and vice versa
v Primary UML sequence diagrams
v Primary UML collaboration diagrams
v Primary UML class diagram
v Specification of system architecture that divides the system into modules and defines the module interfaces.
v Module design that creates specifications of each module.
v Prototyping: simple prototype is implemented of a two important design issues (to be selected when the work starts). The prototypes help to involve the users in design. They can also verify feasibility of a technical solution.
v Graphical User Interface design
v Data specifications
v UML final class diagrams, final sequence diagrams
v UML final Object diagram
v UML final component diagrams, final collaboration diagram
v Test plan including test cases
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
· At least B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering, IT or related field.
· At least 3 years (recent) experience in Logical Design of software applications, preferably in similar applications
· At least 5 years (recent) experience in Detailed design of software applications, preferably in similar applications.
· At least 5 years (recent) experience in Programming
· Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
· Excellent technical, interpersonal and administrative skills.
· Excellent Command of English Language.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Extensive knowledge of local IT private sector companies as well as international companies.
Place of work:
For Phase one of the work, Two months directly after signing the contract.
For Phase Two of the work, Four months that starts after the end of Phase one.
All qualified consultants are encouraged to submit their technical proposal associated with their CV and certifications to the