The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) in partnership with the University of South-Eastern Norway (USN) are offering one PhD degree scholarship opportunity on “Educational Resources and Learning Processes in Kindergarten and School” in USN as part of the joint project “Developing the Teacher Education in Pedagogy for Early Childhood Education and Early Elementary School in Palestine and Norway” funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
– The PhD program will be carried out within a three-year full-time study. The program consists of four courses of 30 credits, and 150 credits related to independent research work, training and supervision in connection with the thesis.
Scholarship Value: This full Scholarship comprises:
– Payment of all tuition fees.
– Travel costs, Economy travel to and from Palestine by an approved route for only one person.
– A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses.
Method: Qualitative research.
Empirical field (if in Norway: Arabic speaking children/teachers/ECE parents) If in Gaza: children/ teachers/parents in ECE or Primary school.
Themes and research fields: Applicants should submit their research proposal in the Early Childhood Education and specifically in the following themes:
· Inclusive education
· Child centered pedagogy
1-Master Degree in education or English language teaching ELT.
2- Only graduates of IUG Bachelor or Master degree.
3-Applicants should formulate a simplified PhD project description (see the attached template). .
4- Command of the English language: scores: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL IBT 80
5- Master degree graduation GPA not less than 80%.
6- Applicants should write a motivation letter about 300-350 words.
7- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
1- Bachelor and Master certificates and transcript of records,
2- English language proficiency proof
4-Motivation letter, about 300-350 words.
5- PhD project description.
How to apply:
Completed applications should be submitted here
– Applications deadline: May 22, 2020
For more information, please visit the following websites:
Please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 08-2832000, Ext. 1016 International Relations Department Or Ext. 2400 Faculty of Education