Institution: Islamic University of Gaza (IUG)
Project Title: Work Online Project
The work online project is funded by the Government of Japan and implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) in partnership with the Business Technology Incubator (BTI). The project aims at creating market and job opportunities for Refugees in the Gaza Strip, targeting mainly women and youth, the most marginalized and vulnerable groups. By generating long lasting income, the project will improve their economic resilience and that of their communities, and increase their contribution to the local economy and in doing so, contribute to social stabilization in the region.
The project will provide technical training to graduates to help them improve their skills and impower them to seek employment opportunities on freelance platforms on in the local market.
The provided technical training will be in the following fields:
Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of a qualified local technical trainer for each of the (5) advanced courses.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified local trainers to be part of the training team, which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving practical training of 20 graduates.
ICT Technical trainers will be mainly responsible for developing the training materials, as well as implementing the training courses to improve the capacity of senior students & graduates of the faculty of IT in the following topics:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Technical Trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
4. Conducting 120 hours technical training sessions and 25 hours of Coaching for trainees.
5. Conducting 25 hours coaching sessions that will be delivered during the hosting period, which will be 2 months after the technical training.
1. Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any other field relevant to the trainer’s field of training experience. Master degree is an asset.
2. At least 4 years’ experience in designing and implementing technical training and workshops.
3. Proven experience in one of the following technologies: Mobile Development (Android), Web Design UI/UX, Word Press Web Development, Python Data Analysis and Digital Marketing.
4. Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
5. Excellent communication, writing and networking skills in both Arabic and English.
6. Ability to work under pressure.
The technical trainers has to deliver the following:
Level of effort and time frame:
The assignment should be delivered to the selected trainees within 10 weeks/120 training hours; this consultation service depends on the approved training plan submitted by the consultant.
Place of work: The Islamic University of Gaza.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Contract Period: June – Mid-August 2019 and November – December 2019
Expected level of effort: 120 Technical hours +25 mentoring hours
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs, cover letter and portfolio of their previous work via email to: email@example.com no later than Saturday. April 27th, 2019 12:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.