English Language Institute (ELI)
We Put You First
Based on the long experience of the training Department at CSCED/IUG in
teaching and training of English Language; this experience has eventually
been put in a systematic and professional way which reflects the image of
IUG. The idea of establishing an English Language Institute within IUG
is an urgent need tin order to serve the IUG students as well as the local
The purpose of the English Language Institute is to provide high quality
training and teaching to IUG students, other Gaza Strip universities as well
as capacity building for the staff of governmental, NGOs, international
organizations and individuals.
ELI/CSCED is dedicated to offering superior instruction and best possible
occasions for practice, using modern resources, materials and technical aids
in order to provide an ideal learning environment.
The mission of the English Language Institute is to foster the learning of
the English language and provide excellent education of English as a Second
Language (ESL) This is done by qualified and dedicated staff, thus promoting
an educated and diversified student body that contributes positively to the
IUG and local community and who communicate effectively as a result of
acquiring the English Language skills
1. General English Language Courses:
· English Courses (12 level – each level consists of 24 hours)
· English Conversation (3 levels – each level consists of 24
2. English for Specific Purposes (ESP) for:
· People working in Communication
· Business men
· Journalists and Politicians
3. Custom-made Courses
To meet the specific needs of the staff of the local community institutions
and help them in their professional work by offering courses such as:
· Writing Reports in English
· Business Correspondence
· Specialized English Courses
4. Preparation Courses for TOEFL exam (English as a Foreign Language)
5. Training Courses to Obtain International Certificates
· University Students "Undergraduate and Postgraduate"
· Governmental, Non-governmental and International
· Secondary & Intermediate students
· Individuals (General Public)
Programs & Services
· ELI/IUG offers English programs that prepare students
for using English in the real world.
· Training course taught by professionally trained native
speakers and high qualified trainers from IUG and other universities.
· ELI offers English instruction that prepares
participants for using English in an academic or professional context and
its relevant culture.
· ELI offers educational services in English, which help
participants to use English language in
academic and professional fields.
· ELI's trainers employ a variety of training methods that
rely on active communication where participants learn daily English language
in real-life situations such as: work, school, market, and airport ...etc.
· ELI organizes courses for adults and children.
· ELI offers specialized courses to meet the needs of
individuals, organizations, companies,
Governmental and non-governmental organizations.
· ELI offers examinations to determine levels of the
participants in the English language.
· ELI provides English language training at the IUG
Headquarters and its Southern Branch in Khan Younis.
For registration, please contact the CSCED at headquarter and its branch in
Khan Younis after payment of fees.
For more information, please contact the CSCED:
Tel. No. 2860700 Ext.: for males (1185), (1196), for females (1192)
Southern Branch Tel.: 2066420
Web Site: www.iugaza.edu.ps