University Technology Center
University Technology Center was established to help blind and visual
impaired students to use computers. This center is considered to be the
first among the Palestinian universities regarding accustoming blind
students to use such technology. It also works to provide different academic
materials and curriculums to blind students according to their majors and
specializations. Moreover, the center publishes University magazine (Brail
Edition) and holds many activities that serve blinds.
- Facilitate the process of obtaining and sharing information and education
for blinds and visual impaired students.
- Hold several courses to train the targeted group to use computers.
- Establish information center includes written and audio materials.
- Enhance the levels of academic comprehension and understanding to enable
these students to continue in their careers.
- Enhance the principle of respect and independency for blinds and visual
- Improve the public awareness about the importance of helping technology at
schools and worksites.
- Present significant consultations in the filed of Helping Technology.
- Offer training courses to use computer and other modern devices
(Internet - Voice mail)
- Produce Brail Edition of academic materials.
- Hold training courses to teach Brail System.
- Publish academic materials for blinds ( books, papers, stories,